Fudgy Vegan Brownies
Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Co-Owner Cheryl loves brownies...the fudgier the better. In fact, a couple of years ago, she led the development of our Fudgy Brownie Mix.This mix will also make Fudgy Raspberry Brownies, Amazing Turtle Brownies, Double-Iced Mint and Chocolate Brownies, and Brookies. There's also another Fudgy Brownies recipe on our website that can be made vegan using different ingredients than this recipe uses. Nice to have choices!
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- MIxing Bowls (2)
- 8" by 8" or 9" by 9" Baking Pan
- Wire Whisk
- Spray Oil or Shortening
- 1 Pouch Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Fudgy Brownie Mix
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2/3 Cup Milk of Your Choice
- 3 Tablespoons Applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (non-dairy)
- Preheat your oven to 325° F.
- Grease one 8" by 8" or 9" by 9" baking pan with spray oil or shortening.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Fudgy Brownie Mix and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the milk of your choice, applesauce, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Add the dry mix gradually and whisk until well-blended. Your batter will be thick.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and then spread the batter into your greased baking pan. Use your spatula to scrape out any remaining batter from the bowl into the baking pan.
- Spread the batter out evenly to all four corners of the baking pan.
- Put the baking pan in the oven and bake 35-40 minutes until the middle seems somewhat firm. Check for how well-baked your brownies are using a toothpick. Insert the toothpick into the center. It should come out a little sticky.
- Cool your Fudgy Vegan Brownies for 2-4 hours [we know it's hard]. Cut the pan of brownies into 16 pieces and serve 'em up!