Amazing Vegan Banana Bread
This Amazing Vegan Banana Bread recipe is made with our Inspiration Bakery and Mixes All-Purpose Baking Mix. We also use this mix to make many other recipes such as Homemade Bread (see elsewhere under this recipes tab).
- Hand Mixer or Wire Whisk
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Bowls (2)
- 9" Bread Loaf Pan
- Spray Oil or Shortening
- Wire Rack
- 1 Pouch Inspiration Bakery and Mixes All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups (4-5) Bananas (ripe)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Optional: walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Using your spray oil or shortening, grease your 9-inch bread loaf pan.
- Mash your bananas with 1/2 teaspoon baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together your Inspiration Bakery and Mixes All-Purpose Baking Mix and cinnamon, then set aside.
- In the mixing bowl containing the mashed bananas, combine oil, applesauce, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir this mixture by hand or with your hand mixer set on low until well-blended.
- Gradually add the All-Purpose Baking MIx mixture to the banana mixture, stirring with your wire whisk or hand mixer set on low until well-blended.
- If you are using the optional chopped nuts, add them now and stir in by hand with a spoon.
- Pour your Aamazing Vegan Banana Bread dough into the greased loaf pan. Use your spatula to scrape out any remaining dough into the pan.
- Put the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it's done. The toothpick should come out mostly clean after you insert it in the middle of the loaf.
- Remove your Amazing Vegan Banana Bread from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes, then remove it from the pan and put it on a wire rack to finish cooling. Slice it and serve with butter or margarine...or just plain! A real treat!