Cheryl, Inspiration Bakery and Mixes co-owner, loves brownies...the fudgier the better. In fact, a couple of years ago, she led the development of our Fudgy Brownie Mix.This mix will also make Fudgy Raspberry Brownies, Amazing Turtle Brownies, Double-Iced Mint and Chocolate Brownies, and Brookies. This recipe with its' many options will make your next Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Fudgy Brownie batches family-and-friends favorites.
- 8" by 8" or 9" by 9" Baking Pan
- Spray Oil or Shortening
- Mixing Bowl (1)
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wire Whisk or Hand Mixer
- 1 Pouch Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Fudgy Brownie Mix
- 1/2 Cup Oil or Butter or Margarine (melted)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs (large) or Vegan Option
- Vegan Option: flaxseed or commercial egg replacer
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Use your spray oil or shortening to grease your 8" by 8" or 9" by 9" baking pan.
- Vegan Egg Substitute: follow the instructions on your egg-replacer package. Or, if using flaxseed, measure out 3 tablespoons flaxseed and 9 tablespoons water. Grind the flax seeds into a fine powder. If you have pre-ground flaxseed, 2 1/2 tablespoons should work. Combine the flaxseed and water and then whisk until the mixture becomes gelatinous. Substitute for the eggs in the next step.
- Put all your wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until blended.
- Add your Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Fudgy Brownie Mix to the wet mixture and beat by hand or with your mixer on low until just blended.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Scrape the bowl with your spatula to get all of the batter out and then spread the batter to all four corners of the pan.
- Put the baking pan in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes until the sides of the brownies just pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Cool before cutting them into sixteen 2" squares. Your Fudgy Brownies are good eaten warm and gooey!