This Tasty Waffles recipe comes with each pouch of the Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Tasty Pancakes and Waffles Mix. This mix will help you serve 'em hot from the griddle...butter, syrup, and feast!We also use this mix to make Tasty Pancakes, German Pancakes, Pumpkin Waffles, and Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (see elsewhere under this recipes tab). This Tasty Waffles recipe can also be made vegan and that option is shown in the instructions below.
- Waffle Maker
- Spray Oil
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Bowl (1, with a pouring spout if you have one)
- Wire Whisk
- Fork or Tongs
- 1 Cup Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Pancake (and Waffle) Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs or Vegan Option
- Vegan Option: flaxseed or commercial egg replacer
- 1 Cup Milk of Your Choice
- Toppings (butter/margarine, syrup, fruit)
- Turn on your waffle maker and set it to 375° or High.
- Lightly oil the waffle maker cooking surface.
- Vegan Egg Substitute: follow the instructions on your egg-replacer package. Or, if using flaxseed, measure out 3 tablespoons flaxseed and 9 tablespoons water. Grind the flax seeds into a fine powder. If you have pre-ground flaxseed, 2 1/2 tablespoons should work. Combine the flaxseed and water and then whisk until the mixture becomes gelatinous. Substitute for the eggs in the next step.
- Whisk together your wet ingredients (vanilla extract, eggs or egg substitute, oil, and milk.
- Add the Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Pancake (and Waffle) Mix and blend until the batter is smooth. Let it rest for at least 2 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your griddles' cooking surface, pour the manufacturer's recommended amount of batter onto the surface. Close and cook for 3-5 minutes or up to 7 minutes for a crispier waffle.
- Using a fork or tongs turn your Tasty Waffles out onto plates. Serve with butter or margarine, syrup, or whatever makes your friends and family smile!