This Tasty Pancakes recipe comes with each pouch of the Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Tasty Pancakes and Waffles Mix. This mix will help you serve 'em hot from the griddle...butter, syrup, and feast!We also use this mix to make Tasty Waffles, German Pancakes, Pumpkin Pancakes, and Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (see elsewhere under this recipes tab). This Tasty Pancakes recipe can also be made vegan and that option is shown in the instructions below and in a separate Vegan Pancakes recipe that uses different ingredients but still tastes great!
- Mixing Bowl (1, with spout if you have)
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wire Whisk
- Vegetable Spray
- Pancake Turner
- 2/3 Cup Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Pancake (and Waffle) Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs or Vegan Option
- Vegan Option: flaxseed or commercial egg replacer
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2/3 Cup Milk of Your Choice
- Preheat your griddle to 375° F.
- Vegan Egg Substitute: follow the instructions on your egg-replacer package. Or, if using flaxseed, measure out 2 tablespoons flaxseed and 6 tablespoons water. Grind the flax seeds into a fine powder. If you have pre-ground flaxseed, 1 1/2 tablespoons should work. Combine the flaxseed and water and then whisk until the mixture becomes gelatinous. Substitute for the eggs in the next step.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together vanilla, eggs or egg substitute, oil, and milk.
- Add the Inspiration Bakery and MIxes Pancake (and Waffle) Mix to the wet mixture and blend until the ingredients are combined. Use your spatula to scrape the bowl so that all the dry mix is combined. The batter may still have some lumps.
- Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Spray your griddle with oil. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto your hot griddle.
- When bubbles appear and break on the top of each pancake, flip and cook until golden brown. Serve your Tasty Pancakes with butter or margarine, syrup, or whatever makes your friends and family smile!