This Homemade Bread recipe comes with each pouch of the Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Baking Mix. We also use this mix to make many other recipes such as Amazing Vegan Banana Bread (see elsewhere under this recipes tab). Here's what a baker-customer recently said about using this mix, "Inspiration Mixes, I made a loaf of bread a couple of days ago. I am celiac and love baking at this point in my life. I had been using a recipe that turns out fabulously since my very first attempt and is beautiful. It has a better crumb, shelf life, appearance, and overall performance than any GF bread I've purchased, seen, or made myself. I tried xxxxxx brand bread mix most recently and I was Over the Moon at the tenderness, and ease. It was like going from black & white to technicolor!! Then came Inspiration Bakery Mixes. This is in a separate category.... all of its own. I'm going to attach photos. I am beyond happy. It rivals glutenated bread, guys. So beautiful, soft, bouncy, tender, tasty....ahhhhhh. For any newly diagnosed persons with celiac, if they could taste your bread, they wouldn't be depressed. This is the best-tasting GF bread, period, hands down. I feel so blessed to have stumbled across some reviews that mentioned your brand. Check out the photos from your newest fan! thanks again!!" Karen [her photo is attached]
- Stand Mixer
- MIxing Bowls (2)
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Bread Loaf Pan
- Wire Rack
- 1 Pouch Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Baking Mix
- 1 Cup Water (warm)
- 2 Tablespoons Yeast
- 3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine (melted) or Oil
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Applesauce (if you want softer bread)
Bread Dough Preparation
- Preheat your oven to 200°F. then turn it off 5 minutes before placing your homemade bread loaf in the oven.
- In a mixing bowl, add dry yeast to your Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Baking Mix, stir together, and set aside.
- Using your stand mixer, lightly whip the wet ingredients until frothy (1 minute).
- Add dry mix and blend on medium-high for 2 minutes until it is like a thick cake batter, using your spatula to scrape the bowl several times to make sure all the dry mix is blended into the dough.
- Put the dough into your bread loaf pan and gently mound it with your spatula into a loaf shape. Place in your warmed oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the dough rises to the top of the pan. Remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Put your bread pan in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Remove your Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Homemade Bread from the oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Turn the loaf out from the pan; place it on your wire rack and allow it to cool completely before slicing. Time to feast!