Always-Delectable Chocolate Chip Cookies
This Always-Delectable Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe comes with each box of the Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Versatile Cookie Mix. Really, who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? And gluten-free ones even more, right? This recipe can be modified by substituting white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts for dark semi-sweet chocolate chips. Our families think those White Chocolate Chip and Macadamia Nut Cookies are really special, too. And think what happens if you throw a few craisins in the mixing bowl, too.We also use this mix to make Chewy Oatmeal Cookies and Jelly-Filled Cookies (see elsewhere under this recipes tab). This Always-Delectable Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe can also be made vegan and that option is shown in the instructions below.
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- MIxing Bowls (2)
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Large Spoon
- Cookie Sheet
- Wire Rack
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 Box Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Versatile Cookie Mix
- 1 Cup (Plus 2 Tablespoons) Butter or Margarine (softened) 1 cup equals 2 sticks
- 3/4 Cup (packed) Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs (large) or Vegan Option
- Vegan Option: flaxseed or commercial egg replacer
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips (gluten-free)
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Dough Option
- 1 Bag White Chocolate Chips (gluten-free)
- 5 Ounces Macadamia Nuts (sliced)
- Preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Stir together the dry ingredients (sugars and cookie mix) and set aside.
- Vegan Egg Substitute: follow the instructions on your egg-replacer package. Or, if using flaxseed, measure out 2 tablespoons flaxseed and 6 tablespoons water. Grind the flax seeds into a fine powder. If you have pre-ground flaxseed, 1 1/2 tablespoons should work. Combine the flaxseed and water and then whisk until the mixture becomes gelatinous. Substitute for the eggs in the next step.
- Using your hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter or margarine, eggs or egg substitute, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in your choice of chocolate chips (and macadamia nuts, if chosen) by hand.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of cookie dough 2 inches apart onto your ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies may be made larger by using a larger spoon such as a tablespoon but remember to leave more space between them to allow for expansion while they bake.
- Put your cookies in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Remove your Always-Delectable Chocolate Chip Cookies from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes. Then, using your spatula, move the cookies from your baking sheet to a wire rack to finish cooling. You can definitely eat 'em warm!