This Mouth-Watering Pizza recipe comes with each box of the Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Pizza Crust Mix. We also use this mix to make Spicy Calzones and French Bread (see elsewhere under this recipes tab). This Mouth-Watering Pizza recipe can be made vegan and that option is shown in the instructions below.
- Stand Mixer
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Baking Sheets or Pizza Pans
- Plastic Cling Wrap
- Rolling Pin (or Glass Bottle)
- Spray Oil
- Pizza Cutter or Scissors
- 1 Box Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Active Dry Yeast or 2 Packets of Rapid Rise Yeast
- 3 Tablespoons Palm Oil Shortening
- 4 Egg Whites or Vegan Option
- Vegan Option: flaxseed or commercial egg replacer
- Tapioca Flour (for rolling out dough, if needed)
- Toppings (tomato sauce, veggies cheeses, meats) Substitute vegan ingredients for meats and cheeses to prepare with Vegan Option
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Blend your dry yeast and Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Pizza Mix and set aside.
- Warm 1 1/2 cups water and melt your shortening into it.
- Pour your water mixture into your dry pizza crust mixture and blend until it has a consistent texture.
- Vegan Egg Substitute: follow the instructions on your egg-replacer package. Or, if using flaxseed, measure out 4 tablespoons flaxseed and 12 tablespoons water. Grind the flax seeds into a fine powder. If you have pre-ground flaxseed, 3 1/2 tablespoons should work. Combine the flaxseed and water and then whisk until the mixture becomes gelatinous. Substitute for the eggs in the next step.
- Add your egg whites or vegan substitute to the pizza mixture and beat on medium-high for 2-4 minutes.
- Grease or spray a baking sheet or pizza pan with oil. Put 1/2 the pizza dough on the baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Put plastic cling wrap over the dough and roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick (about 14" diameter). If the dough seems too sticky, lightly dust the dough surface with tapioca flour before placing the plastic cling wrap over it and rolling it out. Leave a slight rim around the outer edge.
- Repeat the rolling out for the second half of the dough or wrap the remaining dough in plastic cling wrap and put it in your refrigerator for later use.
- Add your preferred toppings to the pizza crusts on the pans.
- Put your pizza crusts in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Use your pizza cutter or scissors to cut each crust into 8 pieces. Serve your Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Pizza to friends and family. They'll love it!