This recipe comes with each box of the Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Sugar Cookie Mix. We use this mix to make great Pound Cake, often in the summer during strawberry season, and in many other recipes including very nice Sugar Cookies and Snickerdoodles.
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- MIxing Bowls (2)
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Spatula or Large Spoon
- Grater or Zester
- 9" by 41/2" by 3" Metal Loaf Pan
- Spray Oil, Shortening, or Butter
- Wire Rack
- 1 Box Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 Sticks Butter, Margarine, or Substitute
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Oranges' Zest
- 1/2 Orange (juiced)
- 3 Egg (large) Yolks
- 3 Eggs (large)
- 1 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Applesauce
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Grease your baking loaf pan with spray oil, shortening, or butter.
- Put Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Sugar Cookie Mix, butter, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla extract, and applesauce in a mixing bowl. Blend until creamy and then set aside.
- Put egg yolks, whole eggs, and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat on medium-high with a whisk attachment until pale and thick, about 4 minutes.
- Bring the contents of both bowls together in one and beat until fully blended. Don't overbeat. The batter can be slightly lumpy.
- Pour the cake batter into the loaf pan and scrape the sides of the bowl with your spatula to get all the batter into the pan.
- Put the pan in your oven and bake your Pound Cake for 60-70 minutes. Be careful to not overbake. Test for finish by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cake. It will not come out entirely clean.
- Remove your cake from the oven and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Turn your Pound Cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.