This Snickerdoodles recipe comes with each box of the Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Sugar Cookie Mix. We also use this mix to make great just plain (and fancy) Sugar Cookies, often around the holidays, and in many other recipes including a very nice Pound Cake.
- MIxing Bowls (2)
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Wet Measuring Cup
- Hand Mixer
- Cookie Sheet
- 1 Box Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 Cup Palm Oil Shortening
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablesppons Granulated Sugar (for sugar-cinnamon topping)
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon (for sugar-cinnamon topping)
- Preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- Put your butter or margarine, shortening, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl and blend until creamy.
- Add your Inspiration Bakery and MIxes Sugar Cookie Mix to the wet mixture and blend until smooth
- Put your sugar cookie dough in your refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove your sugar cookie dough from the refrigerator and use a tablespoon to pull 1- or 1 1/2-inch dough balls from the bowl. As you remove each dough ball, roll it in the sugar-cinnamon mixture and then place it on your ungreased cookie sheet. Space the dough balls 2-3 inches apart. Repeat until you have used up all the dough.
- Gently flatten each dough ball a little.
- Put your cookie sheet in the oven and bake your Snickerdoodles for 10-12 minutes. Be careful to not overbake because the cookie bottoms will remain very light.
- Remove your cookies from the oven and let them cool for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a serving dish with a spatula.