This Inspiration Bakery and Mixes recipe is simple and straightforward. It asks that you use our Tasty Pancake (and Waffle) Mix. Sometimes called "Dutch Babies", our German Pancakes can be served with just a little butter or some sliced fruit with a little powdered sugar, or they can be drowned in maple syrup and butter. Yummm! Always Gluten-Free!
- 8" Cake Pans (2), 9" Pie Pans (2), or 12" Cast Iron Pan (1)
- Mixing Bowl (1)
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wire Whisk
- 1/4 Cup Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Tasty Pancake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Milk of Your Choice
- 3 Eggs (large)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine (for baking pans)
- Butter or Margarine
- Fruit of Your Choice (sliced strawberries, cinnamon apples, applesauce, blueberries, etc.)
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Put your wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Add your Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Tasty Pancake Mix to the wet ingredients and whip together with your whisk. The pancake batter will be very liquid and light.
- Place equal amounts of butter or margarine in each pan, and then put the pans in the oven until the butter or margarine is melted. Then take the pans out of the oven and swirl the melted liquids around to coat the inside of the pans. Be careful of the hot liquid spilling on you.
- Pour roughly equal amounts of the pancake batter into each pan.
- Put the pans in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. As they bake, your pancakes will drift up the sides of the pans.
- When golden brown, remove your German Pancakes from the oven and serve with butter, fruit and powdered sugar, or syrup. Dig In!