Amazing Turtle Brownies
How do you make Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Fudgy Brownies better? Not sure you can? Well, just try this recipe for Founder Debbie's Amazing Turtle Brownies! They're chock full of delicious extras: pecans, caramels, and chocolate chunks. And they're easy to make. So, it gets no better. Always Gluten-Free!
- Stove with Oven
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- 8" by 8" or 9" by 9" Baking Pan
- Spray Oil or Shortening
- Bowls (2)
- Hand Mixer
- Sauce Pan
- 1 Pouch Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Fudgy Brownie Mix
- 1/2 Cup Oil, or Butter or Margarine (softened)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs (large)
- 20 Caramels (unwrapped)
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chunks (semi-sweet) Or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Grease your 8" by 8" or 9" by 9" baking pan with spray oil or shortening.
- Put all the wet ingredients into a bowl and mix. Gradually add your Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Fudgy Brownie Mix to the wet ingredients as you blend the brownie batter with your hand mixer (on low) or your wire whisk.
- Remove 1 cup of the brownie batter and set it aside for later use with the toppings.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking pan. Once you have scraped the bowl with your spatula and get all the batter into the pan, spread the mixture out into all four corners of the pan.
- Put the pan in your oven and bake for 12 minutes.
Add the Toppings
- Stovetop Option: While the brownies are baking, put the caramels and the heavy whipping cream into a saucepan and warm them on low. Stir constantly for 5 to 10 minutes until the caramel mixture is creamy.
- Microwave Option: While the brownies are baking, put the caramels and heavy whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for 1 minute, stirring once at thirty seconds. Continue cooking and stirring in 15-second increments until the caramel mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Remove your brownies from the oven and pour the caramel mixture over the brownies. Carefully spread the mixture out with your spoon or spatula to cover the surface.
- Take 1/4 cup of the chopped pecans and sprinkle evenly across the top of the caramel mixture.
- Take the cup of brownie batter you set aside earlier and a spoon. Drop spoonfuls of batter across the caramel and pecan toppings until you have used the batter up.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped pecans and the chocolate chunks across the top of your brownies.
- Put the pan back in your oven and bake for another 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out almost clean. Don't overcook your brownies.
- Once baked, cool your Amazing Turtle Brownies on a cooling rack for about an hour then place them in your refrigerator for another hour. Cut into 16 pieces and then serve. You can store them covered at room temperature.