Pumpkin Pancakes or Waffles
Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Founder, Debbie, saw a recipe for pumpkin pancakes or waffles in a magazine. It was a wheat recipe that looked so good that she just had to try to make them gluten-free. After several failed attempts, she figured out a really good recipe that tastes like pumpkin bread but covered with butter and syrup! Yummm!Try this recipe, you will love your Pumpkin Pancakes and Waffles. Can be Dairy-Free. Always Gluten-Free!
- Pancake griddle, frying pan or waffle iron
- Bowls (2)
- Dry Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wire Whisk
- Pancake Turner
- 1/2 Cup Inspiration Bakery and Mixes Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1/4 Cup Canned Pumpkin Pie Mix or 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree, 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg, 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Cup Milk of Your Choice
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- In a bowl, use a whisk or spoon to mix all dry ingredients together. Set aside
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Add to the dry mix and blend with a spoon or wire whisk.
- Prepare griddle or waffle iron now by heating it to 350 degrees F after giving it a light coat of oil or vegetable spray. Give the batter time to thicken (5 to 10 minutes). Add more mix if the batter is too thin.
- For pancakes, spoon batter onto the griddle. Turn pancakes when bubbles begin to form and break and the cooked side turns light brown. Once flipped, cook until done. Serve hot with syrup and butter!
- For waffles: heat your waffle iron and follow instructions. This batter usually takes about 6-7 minutes to cook thoroughly. Serve while hot with syrup and butter!