Our founder, Debbie, creates gluten-free recipes by adapting wheat-based recipes handed down through her family for generations. After her Mom passed away several years ago, Debbie found a receipe in her Mom's many cookbooks for a "crustless quiche." She adapted that recipe and fell in love with the ease of making it. Like Debbie's, your Crustless Quiche will have a great taste, and...best of all...it will be gluten-free, too!
Servings: 8 Slices
- Bowls (2)
- Hand Mixer or Large Whisk
- Pie Plate (9")
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Can Opener
- Paring Knife
- Mixing Spoon
- Cheese grater
- Frying Pan
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Bacon or Sausage (Vegetarian options: green peppers, chopped tomatoes, zucchini, etc.)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese (pepper jack or mozzarella) You can substitute a dairy-free cheese that melts
- 3 Whole Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Canned Coconut Milk You can use cream
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper You can use black pepper
- 3/4 Cup Inspiration All- Purpose Baking Mix
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease your 9" pie plate.
- Brown your bacon or sausage in your frying pan and drain off any excess grease or juice.
- Put your cooked bacon or sausage, chopped onion, chopped mushrooms, and grated cheese in a bowl. Stir the ingredients together and, once mixed, spread them evenly in the pie plate.
- Take a separate bowl and put your Inspiration All-Purpose Baking Mix, eggs, coconut milk, garlic salt, nutmeg, and pepper in it. Using your hand mixer on medium (or your large whisk), blend the ingredients together for about 1 minute. Make sure all ingredients are combined well into your batter.
- Pour your batter over the ingredients in the pie plate, covering all of the ingredients there as evenly as possible.
- Put your pie plate in the oven and bake your quiche for 40-50 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove your gluten-free Crustless Quiche from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes (so the custard can firm up) before serving.